Walton High School’s vision is to provide opportunities to challenge and develop the whole student so each individual has the skills necessary to successfully navigate the future.
The Walton High School community believes:
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative for the school to enable students to become competent self-directed, lifelong learners.
- Students need to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, students, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Schools need to function as a learning organization in order to promote opportunities for all those who have a stake in the success of the school to work together as a community of learners.
- Students learn in different ways, and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Students need to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced not only by academic and extracurricular success, but also by the creation of positive relationships and mutual respect with faculty, staff, and peers.