The Walton High School community believes:
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative for the school to enable students to become competent self-directed, lifelong learners.
- Students need to be actively involved in solving problems and producing quality work.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, students, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Schools need to function as a learning organization in order to promote opportunities for all those who have a stake in the success of the school to work together as a community of learners.
- Students learn in different ways, and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Students need to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced not only by academic and extracurricular success, but also by the creation of positive relationships and mutual respect with faculty, staff, and peers.