FAQ~15 Common questions asked by a Walton Freshman~
The Walton Ambassadors will provide additional details at orientation.
1. What time does school start? First period begins at 8:20 a.m. A warning bell rings one minute before each class period. You must arrive no later than 8:20 a.m. or you will be tardy.
2. What do I bring the first day of school? Each teacher will advise you during orientation what they expect you to bring.
3. Can I prepay my lunch account like I did in Middle School? Yes, bring a check to the cafeteria and the cashier will credit your account. You may also use MealPay at www.MealpayPlus.com.
4. When will I eat lunch? Each student is assigned a lunch period either 3rd, 4th or 5th period. All students must report to the commons at this time.
5. How much does lunch cost? $2.40 for the value line. There are also a la carte items available such as subs, soups, salad, french fires, chicken fingers, pizza, nachos, calzones, cookies, and ice cream. The prices of these vary.
6. Should I buy a student planner? We will provide one for you at orientation.
7. What is the Walton dress code? The dress code is in the student agenda which you can also access on the Walton website.
8. Where do I catch the bus, and when will it pick me up? All bus routes will be posted at orientation. It is important to find
your bus number, time that it will pick you up, and the slot number so you know where to find your bus at the end of the day. It is also available at www.cobbk12.org.
9. How do I join a club? We will have a club fair on the second WEB in August where you will have the opportunity to visit with different club members.
10. How do I join a sports team? Check the Walton website at www.waltonhigh.org for a complete list of sports. Listen to the announcements regarding your sport or interest.
11. Where do I go if I come to school late or need to leave early? You need to report to the Pupil Personnel Office (PPO) to handle these issues. If you are leaving early, bring your note to PPO first thing in the morning and they will provide you an early dismissal note. If you come in tardy, report to PPO whether or not you have an excused note to receive a tardy pass.
12. Will I be issued a locker? You will be issued a locker during the first week of school. Those unable to attend orientation will receive their locker information on the first day of school. Walton is not responsible for items stored in lockers. Please be sure to keep your locker locked!
13. How long are class periods and homeroom? On a regular school day, classes are 52 minutes long and homeroom is 9 minutes long.
14. When can I park at school? Parking decals are only available for eligible seniors.
15. Will I be given a student ID? Student IDs will be generated by student photos taken on picture day. Everyone is required to have a picture taken in order to get an ID. Information about purchasing school pictures will be provided to students.