Walton Governance Board March 12, 2019 Meeting Minutes
Walton Governing Board Meeting
March 12, 2019
- Craig Shoemaker called the meeting to order at 6:35 p.m.
- January minutes were approved by the board
- Proposed Special Education Services MOU with Cobb County was reviewed and discussed. It was determined that further discussion on services is needed before voting on the MOU.
- Mallanda reviewed the budget with the board. Walton is on track for the fiscal year.
- Mallanda discussed some recent spending on items in preparation for the opening of the new building for the next school year including iPad carts and laptop carts.
- The Walton construction project was discussed with all its moving parts for the staff and students. Safety for all is the primary focus. Project is behind schedule due to rain, but construction company is confident it will open on-time for 2019 – 2020 school year. Walton campus will be closed for the most part this summer to facilitate the project being completed.
The Board Convened to Executive Session at 7:05 p.m.
The next WGB meeting is Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.