Walton Governing Board Meeting Minutes May 14, 2019
- The meeting was Called to Order by Beverly Titlow, VP at 6:32 p.m.
- Dr. Mallanda reviewed the budget to date. Everything is running smoothly. Great deal of expenses because of Phase II construction coming to completion. Technology is being updated in many areas; laptops, laptop carts and iPads are being purchased.
- Board was brought up-to-date on the construction. Project is on time. It is projected we will be in the new building on July 15, 2019. Complete unveiling of the new Walton Campus is expected to occur on Homecoming Weekend (November 1, 2019).
- Dr Mallanda announced that the staff is fully certified and hired for next year.
- Contingency plans for Orientation are arranged for JFBC on 7/29 should the parking not be completed at Walton.
- Plans for a Kindness presentation for the Walton student body in November are scheduled.
- New Art showcase will have it’s opening on September 16th
- Walton is working with the Walton cluster schools to have a ‘Families together’ celebration twice next year where there will be no homework and families will commit to spending time with one another.
- Staff is organizing Common Planning sessions for all Core Subjects.
- Adjournment: Beverly Titlow, VP
Meeting Adjourned at 7:28 by Beverly Titlow, VP
Members Present: Beverly Titlow, Marcus Fondon, Sallie Winokur, Leslie McLeod. Absent: Craig Shoemaker